The Twin Bridges - East & West Paden
|East Paden||West Paden|
|type: Queen Truss||type: Burr Arch|
|length: 79 feet||length: 103 feet|
|built 1884||built: 2008|
The Twin Bridges - East Paden and West Paden are located on Huntington Creek in Fishing Creek Township, east of Forks, off Winding Road, east of Pennsylvania Route 487.
The Twin Bridges, constructed in 1884 by W. C. Pennington for $720, are named after John Paden, who operated a nearby sawmill. Twin Bridges County Park was created in 1963 when a new road, 1020, bypassed the structures.
The original West Paden was washed away by floods waters in June 2006. It was reconstructed in 2008.
click drawing for larger image
Columbia County Covered Bridges Association on Facebook
Bloomsburg University Andruss Library has a Special Collection on Covered Bridges
Park County, Indiana has 32(!) covered bridges